The Philadelphia Print Shop West on-line reference library is for the use of anyone interested in prints, printmaking, maps and mapmaking. We have included the reference pages below to provide useful information. The pages are linked to our commercial pages, but all wp-content on these reference pages is non-commercial in intent.
Most questions we get concern items owned by the questioner. We are happy to help where we can. However, we are a business with a small staff and there are limits, both practical and professional, as to the assistance we can offer. We have some reference pages, listed below, with general information that might answer the questions you have.
- I want to know what it is I have
- I want to sell my print/map/book.
- I want to know the value of my print/map/book?
- Dictionary of printmaking terms
- Glossary of printmaking nomenclature and abbreviations
- What Is A Print? A discussion of prints and print processes
- Theodor De Bry’s voyages to the New World (under construction)
- Mythical Geography (under construction)