Looking for an antique
print, map or related book?
If you are looking for a particular print/map/book, or a type of print/map/book, we hope we can be of some assistance.
Follow the links below for further information:
- Are you are looking for a reproduction or facsimile?
- Are you unsure whether we carry the type of item you are seeking?
- Have you looked through our gallery to see whether we have what you are seeking?
- Are you looking for an item not listed in our gallery?
- Do you want us to keep your long-term interest on our ‘wants list’?
Our shop sells original prints and maps. Except in a few isolated instances, we deal in neither reproductions nor facsimiles.
Following is a list of some possible sources for reproductions. Note that we are not recommending any of these firms, simply offering these as possible sources:
- Historic Urban Plans, in Ithaca, NY, produces some fine quality reproductions of American maps and city views.
- Princeton Audubon Limited is a firm that offers full size facsimiles of the bird and quadruped prints by John James Audubon.
If anyone has suggestions for any other good sources, please let us know.
We sell antique prints and maps published from the sixteenth through the early twentieth century. We also sell related rare and reference books. Here is a general outline of our inventory:
- Historical prints, generally not later than the nineteenth century
- Natural History
- Native Americans
- Maps of all parts of the world, up to about 1900
- Fine Art prints from the nineteenth and first half of the twentieth century
- Rare Books
- Plate books
- Travels, histories and geographies
- Reference Books related to the above
This is not an exclusive list, but it does cover most of our inventory. Of course, the best way to get a sense of our stock is to visit our on-line gallery.
Our on-line gallery is the place to start when looking for an antique print, map or related book. We have a wide selection of items for sale on the web, covering all aspects of our inventory and in all price ranges.
Our gallery is intended not only to feature interesting items we have for sale, but also to give an overview of our inventory. As you browse through its many pages, you will develop a sense of the wide variety of prints, maps and books we have in our shop. Not every item is shown, but the gallery does give a good general impression of our inventory.
Though our on-line gallery contains many examples of our stock, it lists well less than 50% of our total inventory. We have many more items than we can possibly show on our web site. If you have not found what you are seeking in our gallery, please contact us with your request.
Please be as specific as possible about your criteria for the following:
- specific artist, subject, etc.
- price range
- other requirements
We will answer every request, even if our search is fruitless. We receive numerous requests of this type each month and it takes time to search our inventory and prepare a considered response. Please be patient. If you have not heard from us within three weeks, please resend your query in case it has been ‘lost in the ether.’
If you have a long-term interest in a particular item or type of item, we will be happy to keep your request on our ‘wants list.’ In order to do this, we need the following information:
- Name and ‘snail mail’ address
- Phone and/or fax number and/or e-mail address
- Interest (please be as specific as possible so we don’t waste your time or ours!)
- Criteria such as:
- price range
- other requirements
Please contact us with this information and we will add your interest to our ‘wants list.’